Monday 7 January 2013

Frankenweenie-The Art of Exhibition 17-21 October 2012


Frankenweenie is a 2012 3D stop motion sci-fi family film directed by Tim Burton. 
It is a remake of Burton's 1984 short film of the same name which i always enjoyed and glad he came back to it in stop motion. The film was from start to finish Burton which i like then add the fact the whole film is shot in Black and white i really appreciated after my own student film Street Act being shot in b/w.

Sadly i was unable to see the film before going to the exhibition yet i couldn't pass up the opportunity to see the sets and Characters from the film up close. Interesting to see the sizes of the characters but more than any of them get to see Mr Rzykruski up close being my favourite from the film also all his different mouth shapes which were on display.


Shots from Pre-Production

Director Tim Burton Looking over Pre-Production

My Favourite Character from the film Mr.Rzykruski

Early sketches of Sparky!

Stages Victor and Sparky took.


 The trip to London was very eventful staying at my friends house and getting to see the Exhibition was such a great opportunity and look out for more opportunity's like this at festivals. 2012 coming to an end with meeting so many new people from the animation world through networking in the year which i will continue to do so this year.

 Pre-production already starting with my set and after Christmas the books will come in hands to expand my knowledge for my animations and further more starting my career, feel free to check out any of the 2012 posts in the log. i hope everyone had a great New-years and look forward to seeing you all again with new posts on the horizon.




3 comments:

  1. I really wanted to get to that exhibition but didn't get the chance. It looks amazing! Especially to have seen the models in real life, the textures and everything. Such a great stop motion! Good luck with your set too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Mr.Rzykruski was one of my favourite characters in the film being modelled on one of my favourite horror film actors 'Vincent Price'........I felt myself that they should have used more mouth shapes to smooth out the lipsinc but having said I felt the film was the best stop frame film of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ash - Yeh it was incredible i look forward to starting my career and getting a chance on a big feature like Frankenweenie, thanks set is getting there but back to storyboarding at the moment, all the best!

    Steven-Yes great character and the voice was perfect, i know what you mean but i like that it had that hand made quality that it wasn't as smooth as CG.

    Thanks for your comments!

    ReplyDelete